Red Wings sign Darren Helm to a five-year deal
Winger Darren Helm chose to re-sign with the Detroit Red Wings, agreeing to a five-year, $19.25 million contract.
That's a lot of money for a bottom-six forward, but it might be less than what Helm could have gotten elsewhere. While he's not a significant contributor offensively, he's an asset defensively and in particular when it comes to killing penalties.
Helm had a Corsi For Percentage of 49.6 this past season, while his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength was -0.3, both of these representing marks below his career-average. He tallied 13 goals and 13 assists in 77 games.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Red Wings starting Petr Mrazek against Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek will defend Red Wings' net against Stars October 10th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard starting at home for the Red Wings on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard donning the pads for Detroit on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard will be in net as the Red Wings take on the Senators April 4th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek donning the pads on Monday for Detroit April 3rd, 2017