Anze Kopitar scores winner in return to Kings' lineup
Los Angeles Kings center Anze Kopitar netted the game-winning goal in a 2-1 win over the Calgary Flames on Tuesday.
Kopitar scored the go-ahead goal via the power play in the second period in his first game back from a lower-body injury. The superstar center was no worse for wear as he logged over 19 minutes of ice-time in the win. He has 18 goals and 52 points in 58 games. Luke Schenn scored the other goal for the Kings.
We project Kopitar to register six more goals and 13 more assists over the remainder of the season. His possession metrics, though, are down from his typical numbers. Kopitar's Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength is -1.0, the worst mark of his career. His Corsi For Percentage of 57.2 is his worst clip since the 2010-'11 season.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Richaun Holmes starting for the Kings on Wednesday, Dewayne Dedmon coming off the bench October 30th, 2019
- Marvin Bagley will start for the Kings on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Jonathan Quick starting in net for Kings' season opener October 5th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Kings expected to start Ben Bishop in goal Thursday April 6th, 2017