Hurricanes' Jordan Staal scores a goal, records two assists
Carolina Hurricanes center Jordan Staal had a goal and two assists in Friday's 5-3 win over the Winnipeg Jets.
The Hurricanes jumped out to a 4-0 lead after 20 minutes, and Staal contributed a goal and an assist in that time. He also picked up the primary helper on Andrej Nestrasil's third-period goal to restore a multi-goal lead for the 'Canes. Staal has eight points in his last six contests and has accumulated 12 goals and 30 points for the season.
We project Staal to tally another six goals and 10 helpers over the remainder of the season. Both his Corsi For Percentage (55.8) and Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength (3.2) are hovering around his career averages.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Scott Darling will start in net for Hurricanes on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Jaccob Slavin inks a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes July 12th, 2017
- Eddie Lack wrapping up the season for Carolina April 9th, 2017
- Hurricanes starting Eddie Lack on Thursday April 6th, 2017
- Cam Ward likely to man goal for Hurricanes on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Cam Ward starting in goal for Carolina on Thursday March 30th, 2017