Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick
According to The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala, Denver Broncos general manager John Elway said that he's open to trading the number-five overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
Elway noted that Denver is open to trading either up or down in this year's draft. If they stay at five, the Broncos plan to take the best available player. The team did sign Case Keenum in free agency, but they could still decide to go quarterback as they look toward the future. A number of teams could offer Denver a deal to grab the quarterback of their choosing.
This past season, the Broncos finished 21st in our power rankings and 31st in passing efficiency.
- Houston's Will Fuller (groin) undergoes sports hernia surgery January 26th, 2020
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- Drew Lock confirmed as Broncos' 2020 starter December 30th, 2019
- Courtland Sutton supplies 41 yards for Denver December 23rd, 2019
- Denver's Noah Fant (shoulder) active for Week 16's matchup against Detroit December 22nd, 2019
- Broncos' Noah Fant (shoulder) questionable for Week 16 December 20th, 2019
- Broncos' Drew Lock throws for 208 yards, 1 interception in loss Sunday December 16th, 2019
- Broncos' Noah Fant (shoulder) returns in Week 15 December 15th, 2019