Matt Cassel will start for Titans in Week 17
The Tennessee Titans will start Matt Cassel at quarterback in Week 17 against the Houston Texans.
Speaking Monday, head coach Mike Mularkey didn't rule out giving practice-squad quarterback Alex Tanney a look during the game. A 34-year-old journeyman, Cassel has tossed 9 touchdowns to 12 interceptions ratio over the past three seasons. He's drawing the start in place of Marcus Mariota (broken leg).
Among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs in 2015, Cassel's -0.14 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) ranked 42nd.
- Houston's Will Fuller (groin) undergoes sports hernia surgery January 26th, 2020
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- Lions' David Blough struggles in season finale December 30th, 2019
- Lions' Kenny Golladay being evaluated for a concussion against the Packers in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Rapoport: Lions' Kerryon Johnson (knee) should see full workload in Week 16 December 22nd, 2019
- Lions' Bo Scarbrough (ribs) questionable for Week 16 December 20th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson (knee) expected back Sunday December 19th, 2019
- Kenny Golladay kept in check during Detroit loss December 16th, 2019