Matt Cassel will start for Titans in Week 17
The Tennessee Titans will start Matt Cassel at quarterback in Week 17 against the Houston Texans.
Speaking Monday, head coach Mike Mularkey didn't rule out giving practice-squad quarterback Alex Tanney a look during the game. A 34-year-old journeyman, Cassel has tossed 9 touchdowns to 12 interceptions ratio over the past three seasons. He's drawing the start in place of Marcus Mariota (broken leg).
Among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs in 2015, Cassel's -0.14 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) ranked 42nd.
- Miami's DeVante Parker (concussion) will play in Week 15's matchup against Giants December 14th, 2019
- Redskins place Paul Richardson (hamstring) on Injured Reserve December 14th, 2019
- Saints expect Jared Cook (concussion) to play in Week 15's matchup against Colts December 14th, 2019
- Panthers send left tackle Greg Little (ankle) to injured reserve December 14th, 2019
- Bears activate Akiem Hicks (elbow) from Injured Reserve on Saturday December 14th, 2019
- Jordan Howard (shoulder) has been ruled out Sunday for Philadelphia December 14th, 2019
- Kerryon Johnson setback-free, close to return for Detroit December 14th, 2019
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (back) out again for Week 15 December 13th, 2019
- Marvin Jones (ankle) finished for Lions this season December 11th, 2019
- Lions' Matthew Stafford says back healing 'as it should' December 5th, 2019
- Kerryon Johnson (knee, IR) returns to Lions practice December 4th, 2019
- Matthew Stafford (back) remains week-to-week for Lions December 2nd, 2019