Colts still like Josh Ferguson in running back rotation
The Indianapolis Colts "still love" undrafted rookie running back Josh Ferguson despite his brutal preseason, according to the Indianapolis Star's Stephen Holder.
Head coach Chuck Pagano said the backup running back battle is far from settled heading into the third preseason game. Apparently, all three of Robert Turbin, Jordan Todman and Ferguson will get chances to make their marks. Ferguson is currently listed as the fourth back on the depth chart, but Pagano continues to label him as a "third-down matchup nightmare." Hopefully that shows up sooner rather than later.
Our models still like Ferguson's chance to be the receiving complement to Gore, projecting him for 342 rushing yards and 1.94 touchdowns on 81 attempts, as well as 19 receptions for 153 yards and 0.65 touchdowns. Robert Turbin isn't far behind in our projections, though.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Washington's Alex Smith (leg) wants to return to field December 30th, 2019
- Ron Rivera reportedly getting Washington gig December 30th, 2019
- Washington fires Bruce Allen after disappointing decade December 30th, 2019
- Redskins' Terry McLaurin (concussion) out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Washington's Terry McLaurin (concussion) out on Thursday December 26th, 2019
- Washington's Terry McLaurin in concussion protocol, to be re-evaluated Thursday December 24th, 2019