Bengals fill need with wideout Tyler Boyd
The Cincinnati Bengals selected former Pittsburgh wideout Tyler Boyd with the No. 55 overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft.
Boyd left Pitt after three seasons but still set school records for catches (254) and receiving yards (3,361), averaging 13.2 yards per reception. He scored 23 college touchdowns -- 21 as a receiver, one on a punt return and one as a ball carrier. Boyd mixed between the slot and outside in the Panthers' pro-style offense, but he may lack athleticism -- 4.58 40-yard dash speed and a 34-inch vertical -- to consistently win on the perimeter.
With the Bengals having Tyler Eifert, A.J. Green and Gio Bernard, Boyd will have serious competition for targets, but he figures to see plenty of snaps.
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) questionable for Sunday's playoff matchup against Chiefs January 17th, 2020
- George Kittle practicing in full Thursday for San Francisco January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (ankle) DNP on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Packers' Geronimo Allison not seen at practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) returns to practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- A.J. Green wants to be with Bengals long-term December 30th, 2019
- A.J. Green (ankle) finally lands on I.R. for Cincinnati December 23rd, 2019
- Tyler Boyd has season-high 128 yards, 2 touchdowns in Bengals' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Cincinnati's Andy Dalton throws 4 touchdowns in Week 16's loss to Miami December 22nd, 2019
- Bengals' Joe Mixon (illness) dealing with stomach bug ahead of Week 16 game against Miami December 22nd, 2019
- Joe Mixon (calf) off Bengals' final Week 16 injury report December 20th, 2019