Trey Lance not spotted at 49ers' practice Monday
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Trey Lance (knee) was not spotted on the practice field on Monday.
While Lance was able to play the entirety of his first NFL start, he did finish that game with a knee injury after a hard goal line collision. It's mildly concerning that the rookie quarterback wasn't practicing after the team's bye week, but he wasn't likely to start anyways with Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) trending towards playing in Week 7.
Lance's 19th-ranked 0.13 Net Expected Points per pass ranks just behind Garoppolo's 0.18 mark this season, but his 37.25 Pass Success rating (the percent of positive NEP passes) ranks last in the league. While he does offer significantly more athletic upside than his teammate, the numbers illustrate why the 49ers are currently starting Garoppolo.
- New York's Michael Carter (ankle) placed on injured reserve, out at least 3 games November 27th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron (knee) on injured reserve on Saturday November 27th, 2021
- Jets' Corey Davis (groin) doubtful for Week 12's game against Houston November 27th, 2021
- Washington's Logan Thomas (hamstring) 'likely' to be activated in Week 12 November 27th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) questionable for Washington's Week 12 matchup November 27th, 2021
- Titans place A.J. Brown (chest) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 15 November 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (rib, finger) questionable for Week 12 November 26th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (finger) limited on Wednesday November 24th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (finger) inactive for Week 11 clash with Jaguars November 21st, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (finger) doubtful for Week 11 November 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (finger) to be Week 11 GTD for 49ers November 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (finger) avoiding contact at 49ers practice November 18th, 2021