Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19
Philadelphia Eagles tight end Zach Ertz has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, John Clark of NBC Sports reports.
Ertz tested positive earlier on Monday, meaning he will go into isolation until he can provide two negative tests. Clark noted that Ertz is vaccinated, so the veteran tight end could possibly return for the team's Monday night game against the Dallas Cowboys.
Ertz has only drawn 4 targets through the first 2 weeks of the season, catching 3 of them for 40 yards. Quarterback Jalen Hurts rarely targets the middle of the field, where Ertz does most of his damage, but Ertz's absence could open up more opportunities for teammate Dallas Goedert, who has 6 catches for 66 yards this season.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (shoulder) expected to play against Browns in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Cardinals' Zach Ertz ineligible to play in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kliff Kingsbury (COVID-19) will not coach Week 6's game against Browns October 15th, 2021
- Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (shoulder) questionable for Week 6 clash with Browns October 15th, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (illness) not listed on Arizona's Week 6 Friday injury report October 15th, 2021
- Eagles trade Zach Ertz to Cardinals for rookie CB, late pick October 15th, 2021