49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol
San Francisco 49ers rookie running back Trey Sermon was placed in the concussion protocol following Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Sermon took a hard hit and fumbled the ball on the first rushing attempt of his career. He will have to clear protocol in order to play in Week 3 against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night. JaMycal Hasty (ankle) also made an early exit in Week 2 and Elijah Mitchell injured his shoulder, but he was able to return to the game. Mitchell and Trenton Cannon are the 49ers only two healthy backs at this time. Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the 49ers are looking at free agent running backs Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, and T.J. Yeldon.
The 49ers have earned the second-best run blocking grade from Pro Football Focus through the Sunday night game in Week 2. San Francisco's Week 3 opponent, the Packers, are allowing the 11th-most FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'trending toward' Week 7 return for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Trey Lance not spotted at 49ers' practice Monday October 18th, 2021
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) back at practice ahead of Week 7 October 18th, 2021