Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative
Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford's X-rays on his thumb came back negative, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Stafford exited Monday's practice early after hitting his throwing thumb on a player's helmet. The veteran quarterback underwent a minor operation on the same thumb earlier this offseason, but he's expected to return to action well before the Rams' Sunday night opener against the Chicago Bears.
Stafford is currently the QB11 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect him to average 268.6 passing yards per game with 33.76 touchdowns and 11.0 interceptions in 2021. Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs last season, Stafford ranked 16th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Rams: Darrell Henderson still set for significant role August 26th, 2021
- Rams acquire Sony Michel from Patriots for pair of picks August 25th, 2021