Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been "letting it rip" in training camp so far this offseason.
Tua's rookie season was characterized by checkdowns and a reported unwillingness to target receivers in close coverage. Reports this offseason have painted a completely different portrait, repeatedly noting Tagovailoa's willingness to press defenses down the field and his ability to routinely hit receivers in-stride. Tagovailoa could be in for a huge jump in performance in his second season, especially after the team bolstered his receiving corps in the offseason.
Tua currently projects to finish as the QB19 in fantasy football, but there has arguably been no team across the league that has done more to upgrade their pass-catching group than the Dolphins. Now another year removed from the brutal hip injury that prematurely ended his collegiate career, Tua could be in line for a massive sophomore season.
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk playing time on rise September 27th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Preston Williams inactive for Dolphins in Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Jacoby Brissett officially named Dolphins Week 3 starter September 22nd, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) back at Dolphins practice September 22nd, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) ruled out for Dolphins versus Raiders in Week 3 September 22nd, 2021