Adam Trautman ready to be Saints' top tight end
New Orleans Saints tight end Adam Trautman told reporters that the game is slowing down for him.
For sure one of the biggest obstacles Trautman had to overcome in his rookie season was the leap in level of play from Dayton to the NFL, but by all means the 2020 fourth-round pick looked the part of a professional tight end by the end of the season. With the offseason departures of both Josh Hill and Jared Cook, Trautman is now the favorite to lead the team's tight end corps in snaps and targets.
While Trautman showed off dominant receiving chops in college, he truly flashed in the run-blocking game in his debut season, earning PFF's top grade among all tight ends in the league in 2020. Regardless of which quarterback wins the Saints' starting job, Trautman should see as many snaps as he can handle in 2021. He's currently projected as numberFire's TE24 in season-long leagues this season.
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Adam Trautman ready to be Saints' top tight end June 21st, 2021
- Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021