Broncos' Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will announce his retirement Monday.
Manning had one year left on his contract, but he's content to walk away after winning his second Super Bowl last month against the Carolina Panthers. Announcing his retirement now is the right call as Manning likely would have been cut ahead of free agency. Manning's exit paves the way for Brock Osweiler to become the new starter, assuming the Broncos can re-sign him.
He'll go down as arguably the best regular season quarterback of all time, garnering five MVP awards, 14 Pro Bowl nods and a league-record 539 career touchdown passes. In what was his final game, Manning finished with -13.58 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) in the Super Bowl win over the Panthers. Among passers with at least 100 drop backs this season, Manning checked in 36th in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- K.J. Hamler joining Broncos' three-wide sets September 14th, 2021
- Broncos place Jerry Jeudy (ankle) on injured reserve September 14th, 2021
- Broncos veterans impressed by "great day" from Teddy Bridgewater September 13th, 2021
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) sidelined 4 to 6 weeks September 13th, 2021