Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery
Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adams will possibly require surgery in both of his shoulders this offseason, as well as surgery to repair broken fingers on his left hand, Adam Schefter reports.
Schefter added that Adams played through the team's Wild Card Round loss to the Los Angeles Rams with a torn labrum in his left shoulder. It's a tremendous amount of pain to play through, but Adams gave the team his all this season.
Adams was elite when rushing the passer in 2020, leading the Seahawks in sacks with 9.5 and tying teammate K.J. Wright in tackles for a loss (11). However, Adams struggled in coverage, allowing a career-worst 9.5 yards per target and a 106.3 passer rating when targeted. He'll look to build on a solid season for the Seahawks in his second year with the organization.
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (rib) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) officially inactive for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) officially inactive for Week 3's clash with Seahawks September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 3's game against Denver September 26th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) out for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Preston Williams inactive for Dolphins in Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Chris Carson scores twice for Seahawks in loss September 20th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (calf) expected to miss "a few weeks" September 13th, 2021
- Tyler Lockett scorches Colts for 2 touchdowns in Seahawks Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Seahawks rule out Rashaad Penny (calf) for remainder of Week 1 September 12th, 2021