Saints' Alvin Kamara gives way to Latavius Murray in win over Broncos
New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara was surprisingly quiet in the team's 31-3 win over the Denver Broncos.
Kamara wasn't bad or inefficient - he averaged nearly 5 yards per carry - but it was an odd day from the superstar rusher. He received just 12 touches on the day, compared to 20 for backup Latavius Murray. In fairness to Kamara, it was a blowout, so it wouldn't have made sense to risk him getting hurt later in the game. But even early on, Murray seemed to be the better option. It's likely just a blip on the radar, but if one thing is for sure, it's that Kamara's value in the passing game has taken a huge hit with Taysom Hill under center.
With 5.7 FanDuel points, Kamara currently ranks 33rd among Week 12 rushers. Right now, our models project him for 19.68 next week against the Atlanta Falcons.
- Mike Evans (knee) hoping to be closer to 100 percent for Buccaneers in Divisional Round January 15th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's Divisional playoff injury report January 15th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's Divisional playoff matchup against Browns January 15th, 2021
- Leonard Fournette will start for Buccaneers against Saints January 15th, 2021
- Ronald Jones (quad) a game-time call for Buccaneers on Sunday January 15th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021
- Saints list Latavius Murray (quad) as questionable for Sunday's Divisional playoff contest against Buccaneers January 15th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) remains sidelined on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) doesn't practice Wednesday January 13th, 2021
- Saints activate Alvin Kamara from COVID-19 reserve list, will play in Sunday's Wild Card contest against Bears January 9th, 2021
- Saints activate Latavius Murray from COVID-19 reserve list, eligible for Sunday's playoff matchup against Bears January 6th, 2021