Drew Brees' (ribs) status same for Saints following second survey
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees' (ribs) status remains the same after he went additional tests on Tuesday, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Brees is expected to be re-evaluated in two weeks. Jameis Winston will likely take most of the snaps at quarterback for the Saints over Taysom Hill while Brees is out. He was underwhelming while completing 6-of-10 passes for 60 yards in relief of Brees last week, but Winston is less than a season removed from leading the league in passing yards and throwing the second-most touchdowns. He gets a fantastic matchup in Week 11 against an Atlanta Falcons defense that has been torched all year and was lit up by Drew Lock for a season-high 313 yards before their bye.
numberFire's models project Jameis for 19.1 FanDuel points on Sunday and he has a salary of $7,200 on the main slate. The Falcons are allowing the most FanDuel points per game to quarterbacks (26.8) as signal-callers are averaging 7.2 more points against Atlanta over their season-long averages. Lock scored a career-best 30.2 fantasy points against the Falcons in Week 9, marking the fifth time this season that quarterbacks put up at least 29 fantasy points versus the unit. They have only held a quarterback below 18 fantasy points once all year.
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (concussion) still uncertain for AFC Championship against Bills January 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Antonio Brown day-to-day for Buccaneers with minor knee injury January 19th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints activate Tre'Quan Smith (ankle) from injured reserve on Saturday January 16th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021