Vikings' Kirk Cousins focused on sustaining drives against Packers in Week 8
Kirk Cousins spoke to the media about the Vikings' offenses' role this season in light of Minnesota's struggles on defense.
Cousins said "I think it's important for our offense to possess the football, I think it's important for us to sustain drives. Turnovers prevent you from sustaining drives, not converting third downs, getting into third downs that are more or less unconvertable because they're third and 15+, you gotta stay out of those situations. We take pride in that and regardless of what is going on around you, you want to be that way on offense no matter what." The Vikings defense actually ranks better (18th) than their offense (24th) in numberFire's NFL Power Rankings so far this season. After being held scoreless until midway through the third quarter when the game was all but over against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 7, Cousins and the Vikings are looking to rebound against the Packers in Week 8. Cousins will face a Green Bay defense ranked 14th against quarterbacks and our models project him for 15.8 FanDuel points.
The Vikings are 6.0-point underdogs against the Packers in Week 8. Their implied team total of 22.25 points is the seventh-lowest total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map. Cousins' salary is $7,100 and he is the QB22 in our weekly rankings.
- McVay: Rams' Jalen Ramsey 'had a hip thing that bothered him' in Week 12 November 30th, 2020
- Seattle's David Moore (hip) active for Monday night's matchup against Eagles November 30th, 2020
- Pelissero: Baltimore's J.K Dobbins eligible for activation from COVID-19 reserve list on Wednesday November 30th, 2020
- Ravens reportedly could activate Mark Ingram from COVID-19 Reserve list before Week 12's game against Steelers November 30th, 2020
- D.J. Moore (ankle) could return after Panthers' bye November 30th, 2020
- Packers reportedly sign wide receiver Tavon Austin on Monday November 30th, 2020
- Justin Jefferson scores twice in Vikings victory November 30th, 2020
- Vikings' Kirk Cousins throws for 307 yards and 3 scores in come-back win over Panthers in Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (leg) returns to Week 12's game against Panthers November 29th, 2020
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook heads to medical tent November 29th, 2020
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (COVID-19) ruled out for Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- Minnesota's Irv Smith Jr. (groin, back) ruled out for Week 12's game against Carolina November 28th, 2020