Michael Thomas (hamstring) sitting out Saints practice
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas (hamstring) is not practicing on Wednesday.
Thomas hasn't played since Week 1 due to an ankle sprain, a suspension, and now a hamstring strain. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported earlier this week that Thomas could sit out again Week 8 versus the Chicago Bears on Sunday. Emmanuel Sanders is on the COVID-19 list and Marquez Callaway is day-to-day with a minor ankle sprain, so Tre'Quan Smith could be the Saints' de facto No. 1 receiver versus a stout Bears' pass defense that has allowed a league-low 2 touchdowns to receivers this season.
Smith hasn't seen more than 4 targets in a game since Week 3 but he leads the team in yards per target (10.3) and has the second-highest average depth of target (9.4 yards) among Saints receivers. The Bears have the third-best pass defense in the league, per numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- McVay: Rams' Jalen Ramsey 'had a hip thing that bothered him' in Week 12 November 30th, 2020
- Seattle's David Moore (hip) active for Monday night's matchup against Eagles November 30th, 2020
- Pelissero: Baltimore's J.K Dobbins eligible for activation from COVID-19 reserve list on Wednesday November 30th, 2020
- Ravens reportedly could activate Mark Ingram from COVID-19 Reserve list before Week 12's game against Steelers November 30th, 2020
- D.J. Moore (ankle) could return after Panthers' bye November 30th, 2020
- Packers reportedly sign wide receiver Tavon Austin on Monday November 30th, 2020
- Saints' Alvin Kamara gives way to Latavius Murray in win over Broncos November 30th, 2020
- Saints' Latavius Murray totals 124 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 12 win over Broncos November 29th, 2020
- Saints' Deonte Harris (neck) won't play Sunday against Broncos November 28th, 2020
- Saints' Terron Armstead reportedly tests positive for COVID-19 November 28th, 2020
- Saints' Michael Thomas hauls in 9 catches for 104 yards in win over Atlanta November 23rd, 2020
- Saints' Taysom Hill accounts for 284 total yards and 2 scores in Week 11's win over Falcons November 22nd, 2020