Jeff Wilson 'could see most action' for 49ers versus Giants
San Francisco 49ers running back Jeff Wilson “could see the most action” in Week 3 against the New York Giants, writes Alex Shultz of SFGate.
Wilson and Jerick McKinnon will be the 49ers' lead running backs while Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman are both sidelined with knee injuries. Wilson barely saw the field in the first two games but he will likely be the preferred option on early downs and in the red zone. McKinnon, meanwhile, has struggled with injuries throughout his career and doesn't profile as an every-down back. Wilson piled up 4 touchdowns over a two-game stretch last year while filling in for injured backs.
Wilson is the RB40 in numberFire's Week 3 fantasy rankings and has a salary of $5,200. Our models expect him to rush 8.7 times for 34.9 yards against the Giants. Per numberFire's metrics, the Giants are 13th against the run this season.
- Ravens' Mark Andrews: games against Steelers are "what you live for" October 30th, 2020
- Colts' Philip Rivers ready for "challenge" of facing Lions' defense in Week 8 October 30th, 2020
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton feels like he's "close" to a breakout game heading into Week 8's clash with Detroit October 30th, 2020
- Vikings' Kirk Cousins focused on sustaining drives against Packers in Week 8 October 30th, 2020
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson excited for "lights out game" against Steelers in Week 8 October 30th, 2020
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (groin) returns to practice on Friday October 30th, 2020
- 49ers ‘hope’ to have Tevin Coleman (knee) Sunday October 30th, 2020
- Jordan Reed (knee) designated to return for 49ers October 28th, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman (knee) designated to return October 28th, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman (knee) could return for Week 8 October 26th, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (hamstring) to miss two weeks at least October 26th, 2020
- 49ers' Jeff Wilson (ankle) heading to injured reserve October 26th, 2020