Rapoport: Justin Herbert likely to start Week 3 for Chargers
Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert is likely to start Week 3 against the Carolina Panthers, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Herbert made a surprise start in Week 2 after Tyrod Taylor was ruled out before the game because a doctor accidentally punctured his lung while trying to administer a pain-killing injection during pregame warmups. Herbert completed 22-of-33 passes for 311 yards with a touchdown and a pick in his debut, and looked impressive while doing so. The entire Chargers' offense should benefit with Herbert under center instead of Taylor in a plus matchup versus the Panthers.
numberFire's models expect Herbert to score 16.4 FanDuel points in Week 3. He has a salary of $7,200 and is the QB27 in our weekly fantasy rankings. The Panthers rank 24th in overall defense, per numberFire's advanced analytics.
- Ravens' Mark Andrews: games against Steelers are "what you live for" October 30th, 2020
- Colts' Philip Rivers ready for "challenge" of facing Lions' defense in Week 8 October 30th, 2020
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton feels like he's "close" to a breakout game heading into Week 8's clash with Detroit October 30th, 2020
- Vikings' Kirk Cousins focused on sustaining drives against Packers in Week 8 October 30th, 2020
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson excited for "lights out game" against Steelers in Week 8 October 30th, 2020
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (groin) returns to practice on Friday October 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen praises Justin Herbert following Week 7's win over Jaguars October 27th, 2020
- Keenan Allen grabs 10 for 125 yards in Chargers victory October 26th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Herbert totals 413 yards and 4 touchdowns in Week 7 win against Jaguars October 25th, 2020
- Justin Jackson (knee) officially active for Chargers in Week 7 October 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Jackson (knee) expected to play Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (back) available for Week 7's game against Jaguars October 23rd, 2020