Broncos' Justin Simmons signs franchise tag
Denver Broncos safety Justin Simmons signed his franchise tag tender.
This was the expectation since the two sides couldn't agree on a long-term contract. Simmons is due $11.4 million in 2020 under the tag. He earned his first All-Pro selection in 2019 on the heels of a career-high 4 interceptions and 15 pass deflections. It earned the 26-year-old Pro Football Focus' top overall safety grade and third-best cover safety grade out of 120 safeties to play at least 100 defensive snaps last season.
numberFire's models project Simmons for 90.6 tackles, 9.3 pass deflections, and 2.5 interceptions this season. The Broncos D/ST is 12th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- George Kittle (knee) officially ruled out again for 49ers in Week 3 September 25th, 2020
- Julio Jones (hamstring) headed for GTD in Atlanta September 25th, 2020
- George Kittle (knee) a Week 3 GTD for 49ers September 25th, 2020
- Myles Gaskin handles 27 touches as Dolphins' workhorse September 25th, 2020
- Jaguars' James Robinson racks up 129 yards with 2 touchdowns September 25th, 2020
- Breshad Perriman (ankle) sitting out for Jets versus Colts September 25th, 2020
- Schefter: Broncos' Drew Lock (shoulder) to be re-evaluated in 2 weeks September 21st, 2020
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton has torn ACL, out for year September 21st, 2020
- Broncos' Drew Lock (shoulder) expected to miss 2-6 weeks September 20th, 2020
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (knee, cramping) ruled out for remainder of Sunday September 20th, 2020
- Broncos' Drew Lock (right shoulder) ruled out for remainder of Sunday; Jeff Driskel playing quarterback September 20th, 2020
- Courtland Sutton (shoulder, questionable) will play Sunday for Broncos September 20th, 2020