Broncos' Justin Simmons expected to sign franchise tender this weekend
Denver Broncos safety Justin Simmons is expected to sign his franchise tender this weekend.
According to Adam Schefter, the signing of Simmons' franchise tender "is just a formality" after the Broncos safety reportedly accepted the tender on Friday. The 26-year old will need to play an important role for a Denver pass defense ranked sixth overall in passing touchdowns allowed last season (19 on 537 attempts).
Simmons' yearly projection includes 90.6 tackles, 2.4 interceptions, and 9.2 pass deflections.
- Julio Teheran now starting for Angels Saturday instead of Dylan Bundy September 26th, 2020
- Lions' Desmond Trufant (hamstring) ruled out for Week 3's game against Arizona September 26th, 2020
- Chargers' Melvin Ingram (knee) placed on injured list September 26th, 2020
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty promoted to active roster September 26th, 2020
- Panthers' Reggie Bonnafon promoted to active roster September 26th, 2020
- Chiefs' Darrel Williams removed from injury report ahead of Week 3's game against Baltimore September 26th, 2020
- Broncos' Phillip Lindsay (toe) doubtful for Week 3's clash with Tampa Bay September 25th, 2020
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3's matchup against Tampa Bay September 25th, 2020
- Schefter: Broncos' Drew Lock (shoulder) to be re-evaluated in 2 weeks September 21st, 2020
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton has torn ACL, out for year September 21st, 2020
- Broncos' Drew Lock (shoulder) expected to miss 2-6 weeks September 20th, 2020
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (knee, cramping) ruled out for remainder of Sunday September 20th, 2020