Broncos' Phillip Lindsay put on a few pounds
Denver Broncos running back Phillip Lindsay (wrist) is up to 195 pounds.
Lindsay was listed at 190 pounds last season. “I’m 195 pounds and I feel good,” he said. “I feel strong, I feel fast and I feel like it’s my weight; I don’t feel like it’s something that I have to get used to, and that’s what you want. I think a good plan for me is going to be 192 to 195, but I’d rather be around 192 once the season starts, which gives me some leeway in camp or whenever when you drop a couple pounds." Lindsay underwent wrist surgery for the second straight offseason, but it was considered more of a "clean-up" procedure and he's ready for training camp. He's expected to form a one-two punch with Melvin Gordon in the Broncos' backfield this season, though Gordon will likely get the nod on passing downs. Lindsay saw 14.0 carries per game last year and averaged 2.7 yards before contact per carry, fifth-best among running backs.
numberFire's models project Lindsay for 129.7 carries, 593.6 rushing yards, 21.7 receptions (29.4 targets), 140.2 receiving yards, and 3.2 touchdowns. He's the RB41 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Giants place Sterling Shepard (turf toe) on IR September 23rd, 2020
- 49ers expect Tevin Coleman (knee) to miss about 4 weeks September 23rd, 2020
- Nick Mullens 'most likely' the 49ers' Week 3 starter September 23rd, 2020
- Jeff Wilson 'could see most action' for 49ers versus Giants September 23rd, 2020
- Rapoport: Justin Herbert likely to start Week 3 for Chargers September 23rd, 2020
- Dion Lewis considered 'best bet' to be Giants' top back September 23rd, 2020
- Schefter: Broncos' Drew Lock (shoulder) to be re-evaluated in 2 weeks September 21st, 2020
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton has torn ACL, out for year September 21st, 2020
- Broncos' Drew Lock (shoulder) expected to miss 2-6 weeks September 20th, 2020
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (knee, cramping) ruled out for remainder of Sunday September 20th, 2020
- Broncos' Drew Lock (right shoulder) ruled out for remainder of Sunday; Jeff Driskel playing quarterback September 20th, 2020
- Courtland Sutton (shoulder, questionable) will play Sunday for Broncos September 20th, 2020