Jameis Winston (thumb) expected to play again for Buccaneers this season
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are "optimistic" about quarterback Jameis Winston (thumb) continuing to play this season, reports Jenna Laine of ESPN.
Winston visited with a hand specialist Monday afternoon to determine the likelihood of making the injury worse. He missed a series of Sunday's Week 14 win over the Indianapolis Colts, but still finished with a career-high 456 passing yards. If Winston winds up not being able to play down the stretch, that would hinder Chris Godwin's outlook for the final two rounds of the fantasy playoffs.
Jameis scored a season-best 37.7 FanDuel points on Sunday. He's averaging 20.8 FanDuel points per game. The Lions are allowing 20.5 FanDuel points per game to opposing quarterbacks.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Chris Godwin extension 'high' on Buccaneers' priorities December 30th, 2019
- Jameis Winston's future with Buccaneers to be decided in 'couple weeks' December 30th, 2019
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) ruled out for Buccaneers in Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin (hamstring) remains out on Friday December 27th, 2019
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) ruled out of Tampa Bay's game Saturday December 19th, 2019
- Mike Evans (hamstring) placed on Buccaneers' injured reserve December 18th, 2019