Rapoport: Chargers' Philip Rivers could be benched for Tyrod Taylor
Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers is in danger of being benched due to poor play, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
It's been a long year for Rivers and the Chargers, who currently sit at 4-7, three games out of first place in the AFC West. While the onus isn't completely on Rivers, he certainly hasn't played well, and head coach Anthony Lynn could opt for a quarterback change to spice things up.
In 11 games this season, Rivers has gone 268-of-416 passing with 3,169 yards, 15 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill scores 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship victory against Tennessee January 19th, 2020
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes accounts for 4 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship win January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins explodes for 114 yards and a score in Sunday's AFC Championship victory over Titans January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy inactive for AFC Championship game against Titans January 19th, 2020
- Chargers' Philip Rivers (thumb) full participant in Thursday's practice December 26th, 2019
- Chargers' Philip Rivers (thumb) limited on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Philip Rivers throws for 279 yards in Chargers' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Mike Williams kept out of end zone in Chargers' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Melvin Gordon fumbles twice, Chargers clobbered by Vikings December 16th, 2019
- Austin Ekeler clears rushing, receiving century marks in Chargers' win December 9th, 2019