Todd Gurley's light Week 10 workload due to Rams' backfield 'rotation'
Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley's limited workload in Sunday's 17-12, Week 10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers wasn't intentional, head coach Sean McVay said.
Gurley rushed 12 times for 73 yards on Sunday and failed to reel in any of his 4 targets. Despite averaging over 4.4 yards per carry and rushing for over 70 yards for the first time since Week 1, he didn't touch the ball at all in the fourth quarter. Malcolm Brown and Darrell Henderson combined for 9 carries while occasionally rotating in for Gurley. He's now seen 12 or fewer touches in back-to-back games and hasn't logged 20 touches in any game this season. The Rams will host the Chicago Bears in Week 11.
Gurley scored 7.3 FanDuel points in Week 10 and is averaging 12.3 FanDuel points per game. He has 428 rushing yards (4.1 per carry), 81 receiving yards, 15 receptions (28 targets), and 7 touchdowns in eight games.
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Cooper Kupp scores for Rams in fourth straight December 23rd, 2019
- Gerald Everett (knee) returning for Rams on Saturday night December 20th, 2019
- Jared Goff throws for 284 yards in Rams' loss Sunday December 16th, 2019
- Todd Gurley held to 38 yards, scores twice in Rams' loss December 16th, 2019
- Rams' Tyler Higbee records 12 receptions for 111 yards in Week 15's defeat to Dallas December 15th, 2019
- Rams' Gerald Everett (knee) will remain out for Week 15 December 13th, 2019