Ronald Jones has 'earned right to start' for Buccaneers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Ronald Jones has "earned the right to play a little bit more and start the game," head coach Bruce Arians said Monday.
Arians added that Jones has been "consistent" and "more explosive" than backfield mate Peyton Barber. Jones matched a season-high 20 touches in Sunday's 40-34, Week 9 overtime loss to the Seattle Seahawks, finishing with 82 yards and a touchdown. Barber rushed just 4 times for 15 yards, both season-lows. Jones will be in a fantastic spot in Week 10 against the Arizona Cardinals.
Jones scored a season-high 15.2 FanDuel points in Week 9. He has 381 rushing yards (4.1 per carry), 124 receiving yards (15.5 per catch), 8 catches (11 targets), and 3 touchdowns through eight games.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Chris Godwin extension 'high' on Buccaneers' priorities December 30th, 2019
- Jameis Winston's future with Buccaneers to be decided in 'couple weeks' December 30th, 2019
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) ruled out for Buccaneers in Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin (hamstring) remains out on Friday December 27th, 2019
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) ruled out of Tampa Bay's game Saturday December 19th, 2019
- Mike Evans (hamstring) placed on Buccaneers' injured reserve December 18th, 2019