Panthers' Cam Newton (foot) a 'long way off' from playing
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton's injured foot is "not getting better," reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
"Playing football is a long way off," Rapoport stated. Newton hasn't played since Week 2. He's reportedly visiting a foot specialist, so there may be another update within the next couple of days. Kyle Allen will continue to start for the Panthers. They host the Tennessee Titans in Week 9 on Sunday.
Newton completed 56.2 percent of his passes for 572 yards (6.4 per attempt) with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception in two games before going down. He also recorded negative-2 yards on 5 carries.
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill scores 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship victory against Tennessee January 19th, 2020
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes accounts for 4 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship win January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins explodes for 114 yards and a score in Sunday's AFC Championship victory over Titans January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy inactive for AFC Championship game against Titans January 19th, 2020
- Carolina's Luke Kuechly retires after 8 seasons January 14th, 2020
- Christian McCaffrey rushes for 1 touchdown, completes his bid for historic 1,000/1,000 season in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' Will Grier (foot) doubtful to return against Saints in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' DJ Moore (concussion) ruled out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Carolina's D.J. Moore (concussion) DNP on Thursday December 26th, 2019
- Panthers' DJ Moore (concussion) absent from Tuesday practice December 24th, 2019