Kyle Allen to make another start for Panthers in Week 8
Carolina Panthers quarterback Kyle Allen will remain the starter in Week 8 against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, head coach Ron Rivera said.
Cam Newton is nearing a return, but Allen will make another start coming out of the Panthers' bye week. He's gone 4-0 in Newton's place while completing 65.6 percent of his passes for 901 yards (7.4 per attempt) with 7 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. However, the 49ers present a much tougher challenge than anything Allen has gone up against so far.
The 49ers are allowing just 8.2 FanDuel points per game to opposing quarterbacks this season, second-best in the NFL. Allen has averaged 14.2 FanDuel points in four starts.
- Browns' Ricky Seals-Jones (knee) active in Week 11 November 14th, 2019
- Antonio Callaway released by Browns, reportedly facing suspension November 14th, 2019
- Trey Burton (calf) misses practice again on Thursday for Chicago November 14th, 2019
- Bears' David Montgomery (ankle) out on Thursday November 14th, 2019
- Alex Erickson (back) limited on Thursday for Bengals November 14th, 2019
- Texans' Will Fuller (hamstring) limited again on Thursday November 14th, 2019
- Panthers' Kyle Allen throws for 307 yards in a loss on Sunday November 11th, 2019
- D.J. Moore raises season-high again in Panthers' loss November 11th, 2019
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel (hamstring) not on final Week 10 injury report November 8th, 2019
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (knee) not on final Week 10 injury report November 8th, 2019
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel (hamstring) returns to full practice November 7th, 2019
- Christian McCaffrey (knee) returns to Panthers practice November 7th, 2019