Patriots reportedly asked about Buccaneers' O.J. Howard
The New England Patriots inquired about tight end O.J. Howard but were told he's not available, according to Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.
The Patriots still haven't found a suitable replacement for Rob Gronkowski and Howard has become an afterthought in Tampa Bay upon Bruce Arians' arrival, so it makes sense to ask. However, it was reported last week that the Bucs won't trade the 2017 first-round pick, and that appears to still be the case.
Howard has 13 catches for 176 scoreless yards (13.5 per catch) on 18 targets in six games this season. He led all tight ends with 16.6 YPC in 2018.
- Detroit's Ty Johnson clears concussion protocol on Saturday November 16th, 2019
- New England's Patrick Chung (chest, heel) will not play in Week 11's game against Philadelphia November 16th, 2019
- Bears place Trey Burton (calf) on Injured Reserve November 16th, 2019
- Houston's Will Fuller (hamstring) ruled out for Week 11's matchup against Baltimore November 16th, 2019
- Houston's Will Fuller (hamstring) game-time decision for Week 11's matchup against Baltimore November 15th, 2019
- San Francisco's Emmanuel Sanders (ribs) questionable for Week 11's game against Cardinals November 15th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones route tree is growing heading into Week 11 November 13th, 2019
- Buccaneers' M.J. Stewart (knee) to miss 'possibly 3-4 weeks' November 13th, 2019
- Buccaneers make 2016 first-rounder Vernon Hargreaves walk plank November 12th, 2019
- Chris Godwin submits 74 yards as Buccaneers beat Cardinals November 11th, 2019
- Jameis Winston racks up 358 yards in Buccaneers' win on Sunday November 11th, 2019
- O.J. Howard (hamstring) not on Tampa Bays' final Week 10 injury report November 8th, 2019