Drew Brees (thumb) hoping to return for Saints in Week 8
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (thumb) plans to resume practicing this week.
Brees "hopes" he can play in Week 8 against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday after missing the past five games, but acknowledges it's not a guarantee. The Saints have gone 5-0 with Teddy Bridgewater as a starter and are off next week, so it would make sense if they hold Brees out through the bye.
Brees completed 72.9 percent of his passes for 408 yards (8.5 yards per attempt) with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions before the thumb injury. The Saints face a Cardinals defense in Week 8 that is allowing the fourth-most FanDuel points per game this season (22.6).
- Derek Carr throws for 292 yards Sunday for Oakland November 18th, 2019
- Todd Gurley totals 133 yards on 28 touches in Rams victory November 18th, 2019
- Tyler Boyd has 0 yards for Bengals in loss November 18th, 2019
- Tom Brady held to 216 yards Sunday but Patriots win November 18th, 2019
- Dak Prescott throws for 444 yards, 3 touchdowns in Cowboys' win Sunday November 18th, 2019
- Josh Jacobs goes over 100 yards again, Raiders defeat Bengals November 18th, 2019
- Drew Brees tosses 3 touchdowns in Saints' win Sunday November 18th, 2019
- Saints' Marshon Lattimore (hamstring) ruled out for Week 11's matchup against Tampa Bay November 15th, 2019
- Marshon Lattimore (hamstring) misses Saints practice November 13th, 2019
- Saints' Andrus Peat (arm) reportedly out 6 weeks November 13th, 2019
- Drew Brees throws for 287 yards in Saints' loss Sunday November 11th, 2019
- Alvin Kamara salvages line through air in Saints' loss November 11th, 2019