Ryan Tannehill named Titans' Week 7 starter, Marcus Mariota to bench
Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill has been named the starting signal caller for the team's Week 7 game against the Los Angeles Chargers, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
Incumbent starter Marcus Mariota was benched midway through the team's Week 6 loss to the Denver Broncos, and it seems that Mike Vrabel and Co. saw enough out of the former Dolphin to give him a start against Los Angeles. Mariota, the No. 2 pick back in 2015, has been largely disappointing since his arrivial in the NFL, and it's unclear when - or if - he'll be given back the reins to the offense.
Our models currently project Tannehill for 105.7 passing yards, 5.1 rushing yards, 0.7 touchdowns, 0.4 interceptions and 7.0 FanDuel points, but look for that to be upgraded with this news.
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill scores 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship victory against Tennessee January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) active for AFC Championship against Chiefs January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) questionable for Sunday's playoff matchup against Chiefs January 17th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) returns to practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Titans' Dion Lewis (shoulder) limited at practice on Wednesday January 8th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) still not practicing Wednesday January 8th, 2020