Packers' Jamaal Williams in concussion protocol
Green Bay Packers running back Jamaal Williams is in the concussion protocol.
Williams was carted off with a head injury in last Thursday night's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. Aaron Jones is in line for a workhorse role in Week 5 if Williams isn't cleared for Sunday's matchup against the Dallas Cowboys. Sixth-round rookie Dexter Williams would likely handle backup duties.
Williams has 87 rushing yards, 55 receiving yards, and 1 touchdown on 34 touches (8 receptions). The Packers face a Cowboys defense in Week 5 that is allowing the 12th-fewest rushing yards per game, but the 12th-most yards per carry.
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Packers' Geronimo Allison not seen at practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Aaron Rodgers throws 2 touchdowns, Packers advance to semis January 13th, 2020
- Davante Adams amasses 160 yards, 2 touchdowns in Packers' victory January 13th, 2020
- Aaron Jones scores a pair as Packers defeat Seahawks January 13th, 2020
- Green Bay's Allen Lazard (ankle) questionable to return on Sunday January 12th, 2020
- Packers' Jamaal Williams (shoulder) fully participates in Wednesday's practice ahead of Divisional Playoff game against Seahawks January 8th, 2020