Jerick McKinnon (knee) expected to start 2019 on 49ers' IR
San Francisco 49ers running back Jerick McKinnon (knee) is expected to begin the season on injured reserve, per The Athletic's Matt Barrows.
McKinnon recently suffered a setback with his surgically-repaired knee. The 49ers will likely wait until closer to Week 1 before making a decision on McKinnon's availability. Tevin Coleman and Matt Breida should be able to create even more separation on the depth chart in the meantime.
McKinnon has 474 rush attempts for 1,918 yards and 7 touchdowns over 58 career games. He's also caught 142 passes on 191 targets for 984 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- Devin Singletary capable of being "the workload guy" April 8th, 2020
- Chiefs, DeAndre Washington agree to one-year contract April 8th, 2020
- Seahawks re-sign Jordan Simmons April 8th, 2020
- Falcons' John Cominsky to have increased role April 8th, 2020
- A.J. Green 'fully healthy' for Bengals April 8th, 2020
- Bengals' Drew Sample expected to make 'significant jump' April 8th, 2020
- Marquise Goodwin likely to be cut by 49ers April 7th, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman guaranteed $2 million for 2020 April 7th, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne officially re-signs with 49ers April 6th, 2020
- Matt Breida may be moved out of San Francisco April 6th, 2020
- Travis Benjamin reportedly agrees to one-year contract with 49ers March 24th, 2020
- 49ers reportedly re-sign safety Jimmie Ward for 3-years, $28.5 million March 17th, 2020