Titans' Zach Mettenberger dreadful in Week 17, benched for Alex Tanney
Tennessee Titans quarterback Zach Mettenberger was benched in the second half of Sunday's Week 17 game against Indianapolis Colts.
The Titans are listing him with a forearm injury, but Mettenberger was pulled after throwing a pick-six to Colts; linebacker Jerrell Freeman. He was horrific before the interception, completing 5-of-13 passes for 38 yards. Mettenberger took a big step back in his second year, averaging 134 yards per game while throwing four scores and seven picks in four spot starts.
Alex Tanney took over for Mettenberger and completed 10-of-14 passes for 99 yards and a touchdown. Mettenberger finished the game with a putrid -15.46 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) while Tanney racked up -1.13 Passing NEP. Among the 43 passers with at least 100 drop backs this year, Mettenberger entered Week 17 ranked 42nd in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Rams' Gerald Everett (knee) misses practice again Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Bears' Roquan Smith (pectoral) won't return Thursday in Week 14 December 5th, 2019
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (ankle) out for Cowboys in Week 14 December 5th, 2019
- Marquise Brown (ankle) appears on Ravens' injury report December 5th, 2019
- Colts' Marlon Mack (hand) cleared for full practice December 5th, 2019
- Dalvin Cook to be 'close to 100 percent' for Vikings December 5th, 2019
- Juju Smith-Schuster (knee) still out for Pittsburgh on Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Steelers' James Conner (shoulder) ruled out for Week 14 December 5th, 2019
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) expected to sit again for Steelers on Sunday December 5th, 2019
- Pittsburgh's James Conner (shoulder) limited on Wednesday December 4th, 2019
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) 'week-to-week', 'only working with straight-line runs' December 4th, 2019
- Steelers' James Conner (shoulder) inactive in Week 13 December 1st, 2019