Titans' Zach Mettenberger dreadful in Week 17, benched for Alex Tanney
Tennessee Titans quarterback Zach Mettenberger was benched in the second half of Sunday's Week 17 game against Indianapolis Colts.
The Titans are listing him with a forearm injury, but Mettenberger was pulled after throwing a pick-six to Colts; linebacker Jerrell Freeman. He was horrific before the interception, completing 5-of-13 passes for 38 yards. Mettenberger took a big step back in his second year, averaging 134 yards per game while throwing four scores and seven picks in four spot starts.
Alex Tanney took over for Mettenberger and completed 10-of-14 passes for 99 yards and a touchdown. Mettenberger finished the game with a putrid -15.46 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) while Tanney racked up -1.13 Passing NEP. Among the 43 passers with at least 100 drop backs this year, Mettenberger entered Week 17 ranked 42nd in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Steelers' James Conner (thigh) ruled out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Pittsburgh's James Conner (quad) out on Thursday December 26th, 2019
- Steelers' James Conner (thigh) could miss Week 17 December 24th, 2019
- Steelers' Mason Rudolph (shoulder) placed on injured reserve December 24th, 2019
- Steelers' Mason Rudolph (shoulder) questionable to return in Week 16 December 22nd, 2019
- Update: Steelers' James Conner (thigh) won't return in Week 16 December 22nd, 2019