University of Virginia earns top overall seed in NCAA Tournament
The Virginia Cavaliers earned the top overall seed in the 2018 NCAA Tournament.
After winning the ACC in the regular season and conference tournament, Virginia will now enter the tournament as the top overall seed. As the top seed in the South Region, the Cavaliers will take on 16-seed UMBC on Friday in the first round.
Virginia is 2nd overall in numberFire's NCAAB Power Rankings.
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Michigan edges Florida State to earn a trip to the Final Four March 25th, 2018
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- 16-seed UMBC makes history in defeat of 1-seed Virginia March 17th, 2018
- University of Virginia earns top overall seed in NCAA Tournament March 11th, 2018
- Virginia beats North Carolina to win ACC title on Saturday March 11th, 2018
- Marial Shayok will play for Iowa State after spending three years with Virginia April 20th, 2017
- Virginia's second leading scorer Marial Shayok will transfer March 23rd, 2017