Joel Berry will return to North Carolina for his senior season
The North Carolina Tar Heels have announced that junior Joel Berry has withdrawn his name from consideration for the 2017 NBA Draft and will return to school for his senior season.
Berry entered the draft just before the deadline to do so but did not hire an agent, leaving his options open. In the statement released by the school, Berry said he is returning to school to improve his game and to be better prepared for the NBA. The point guard was Draft Express' 86th-ranked NBA prospect and was projected to go undrafted.
Berry averaged 14.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.3 three-pointers per game in his junior season.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Michigan edges Florida State to earn a trip to the Final Four March 25th, 2018
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Virginia beats North Carolina to win ACC title on Saturday March 11th, 2018
- Tony Bradley leaving North Carolina after one season May 24th, 2017
- Theo Pinson returning to North Carolina for his senior season May 4th, 2017
- Joel Berry will return to North Carolina for his senior season April 25th, 2017
- Trio of North Carolina Tar Heels will test the NBA Draft waters April 24th, 2017