Illinois State's MiKyle McIntosh out three weeks after knee surgery
Illinois State Redbirds junior forward MiKyle McIntosh will miss the next three weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee, according to Jon Rothstein of FanRag Sports.
The Redbirds will desperately miss McIntosh as he is second on the team in scoring and rebounding with 13.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game. Illinois State has won 12 consecutive games and is undefeated in Missouri Valley Conference play. McIntosh is hopeful to return by the end of MVC play to tune up for the conference tournament.
The Redbirds rank 43rd out of 351 Division teams with a 10.62 nERD rating. If they can somehow defeat our 20th ranked Wichita State Shockers on Saturday without McIntosh, they will have all but locked up a spot in the NCAA tournament this year.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Illinois State's MiKyle McIntosh will test the NBA Draft waters April 17th, 2017
- Illinois State's MiKyle McIntosh out three weeks after knee surgery February 2nd, 2017
- Deontae Hawkins leads Illinois State to their 10th-straight win January 26th, 2017