Deontae Hawkins leads Illinois State to their 10th-straight win
Illinois State Redbirds senior forward Deontae Hawkins scored 19 points with 12 rebounds in Wednesday's win over the Indiana State Sycamores, helping the Redbirds earn a 10th consecutive victory.
Hawkins scored 19 or more points for the third-straight game as he went 6-for-11 from the floor, 3-for-4 from three, and 4-for-6 from the line. His 12 rebounds were the most the senior has had in a game since the season opener, way back on November 11. Hawkins leads the Redbirds with 15.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
Illinois State is 17-4 overall and 9-0 in the Missouri Valley Conference. They own a 10.74 nERD rating, ranking them 39th out of 351 Division I schools.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Illinois State's MiKyle McIntosh will test the NBA Draft waters April 17th, 2017
- Illinois State's MiKyle McIntosh out three weeks after knee surgery February 2nd, 2017
- Deontae Hawkins leads Illinois State to their 10th-straight win January 26th, 2017