Josh Okogie goes off in Georgia Tech's upset win
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets freshman guard Josh Okogie went off for his first double-double of the season with 35 points and 14 rebounds in Wednesday's upset win over the Florida State Seminoles.
Okogie was getting to the basket at will Wednesday as he went to the line 17 times, making 14 free-throws. He also went 10-for-17 from the floor. While the 35 points were only the second best scoring game for the talented freshman, his 14 rebounds and five assists were career-highs. Okogie only had 11 rebounds in his last four games combined.
Okogie leads the Yellow Jackets with 15.8 points per game. He is shooting just under 44.0 percent from the field on the year.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Josh Okogie goes off in Georgia Tech's upset win January 26th, 2017
- Josh Okogie leads Georgia Tech in an upset over North Carolina January 1st, 2017