Pistons acquire Jameer Nelson from Bulls in exchange for Willie Reed (suspension)
The Detroit Pistons have acquired point guard Jameer Nelson from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for forward/center Willie Reed.
In Detroit, Nelson will likely take backup point guard duties away from Langston Galloway and Dwight Buycks, although Reggie Jackson's (ankle) eventual return will cut into his role down the road. The veteran's arrival will probably take minutes away from Dwight Buycks. Nelson played under head coach Stan Van Gundy while with the Orlando Magic. Reed is currently serving a six-game suspension for a domestic violence issue, but he could wind up taking on a decent role if the Bulls trade Robin Lopez.
Nelson is averaging 13.6 FanDuel points per game this season, with 5.1 points, 2.2 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 0.5 steals, and 0.9 3-pointers in 20.9 minutes per contest.
- Warriors' Draymond Green (illness) 'probably won't play' on Monday, Eric Paschall to start January 20th, 2020
- Golden State's Glenn Robinson III (ankle) out on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Mikal Bridges coming off Phoenix's bench with Kelly Oubre starting on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Phoenix's Kelly Oubre (concussion) starting on Monday, Mikal Bridges off bench January 20th, 2020
- Kyle Kuzma playing with Lakers' second unit with Anthony Davis starting on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (glute) officially starting on Monday, Kyle Kuzma to bench January 20th, 2020
- Pistons' Markieff Morris (toe) ejected from Monday's game against Wizards January 20th, 2020
- Markieff Morris (toe) questionable to return for Pistons on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Svi Mykhailiuk coming off the bench for Pistons on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Pistons' Derrick Rose starting on Wednesday; Svi Mykhailiuk to bench January 15th, 2020
- Christian Wood (knee) questionable for Pistons on Wednesday January 14th, 2020
- Pistons' Andre Drummond ejected from Saturday's game against Bulls January 11th, 2020