Bulls plan to keep Jameer Nelson following trade
The Chicago Bulls plan to keep point guard Jameer Nelson, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Nelson was part of the multi-player trade that landed Nikola Mirotic in New Orleans. For now, the Bulls will hold on to the 35-year-old. There is a chance that he'll be bought out or traded down the line, though. His presence would be unnecessary with Jerian Grant and Kris Dunn (concussion) both in Chicago.
Averaging 5.1 points, 3.6 assists and 2.2 rebounds on the year, Nelson is projected for 6.7 points, 4.9 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game over the remainder of the 2017-18 season.
- Michael Porter Jr. posts 20 points, 14 rebounds in Nuggets' win January 21st, 2020
- Buddy Hield hands in all-around gem for Kings January 21st, 2020
- Grizzlies' Dillon Brooks matches season-high 31 points, career-high 9 boards January 21st, 2020
- Warriors' Alec Burks scores 33 with 7 boards, 8 assists January 21st, 2020
- Russell Westbrook turns in 32-point triple-double for Rockets January 21st, 2020
- Zion Williamson (knee) will start for Pelicans in NBA debut January 21st, 2020
- Pistons' Markieff Morris (toe) ejected from Monday's game against Wizards January 20th, 2020
- Markieff Morris (toe) questionable to return for Pistons on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Svi Mykhailiuk coming off the bench for Pistons on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Pistons' Derrick Rose starting on Wednesday; Svi Mykhailiuk to bench January 15th, 2020
- Christian Wood (knee) questionable for Pistons on Wednesday January 14th, 2020
- Pistons' Andre Drummond ejected from Saturday's game against Bulls January 11th, 2020