Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls
Free agent point guard Lonzo Ball is agreeing to a four-year, $85 million deal with the Chicago Bulls in a sign-and-trade with the New Orleans Pelicans.
The New Orleans Pelicans are sending Ball to the Bulls in exchange for Tomas Satoransky, Garrett Temple and a second-round pick. Ball is joining his third team in five seasons since being taken by the Los Angeles Lakers with the No. 2 pick in 2017. Zach LaVine stands to benefit from having Ball in the backcourt and the addition should lead to easier looks for Nikola Vucevic down low. Coby White, however, is likely going to have his playing time slashed.
Lonzo averaged 32.9 FanDuel points and 31.8 minutes in 55 games for the Pelicans last season. He has improved his true shooting percentage every year, including a 55.1 percent mark in 2020-21. Ball also raised his 3-point attempt rate to 65.0 percent last year, up from his previous career-high of 57.5 percent in 2019-20.
- Moe Harkless (hip) questionable for Kings Friday October 21st, 2021
- Sekou Doumbouya (illness) questionable for Lakers Friday October 21st, 2021
- Eric Bledsoe starting for Clippers in season-opener Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Kendrick Nunn (knee) out for Lakers Friday October 21st, 2021
- Wayne Ellington (hamstring) remains sidelined for Lakers Friday October 21st, 2021
- George Hill starting for Bucks Thursday in place of Jrue Holiday (heel) October 21st, 2021
- Lonzo Ball starting in Bulls debut on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Troy Brown Jr. (illness) available for Wizards opener October 20th, 2021
- Troy Brown Jr. (illness) questionable for Bulls Wednesday October 19th, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen starting on Sunday in place of Nikola Vucevic (rest) May 16th, 2021