Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers
According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the Minnesota Timberwolves have reportedly acquired point guard Ricky Rubio and a 2022 second-round pick in a trade with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Rubio's departure will allow D'Angelo Russell to settle into a full-time starting role after the veteran logged 26 minutes per game last season. Expect Rubio's stock to potentially change again if Cleveland's roster remains intact with Darius Garland and Collin Sexton.
In 68 games last season, Rubio averaged 8.6 points and a 51% true shooting percentage on 7.3 attempts.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Darius Garland (injury management) out for Cavaliers in Sunday's regular season finale May 16th, 2021
- Kevin Love (injury management) out for Cleveland in Sunday's series finale May 15th, 2021
- Cleveland's Cedi Osman (ankle) starting for inactive Kevin Love on Friday May 14th, 2021
- Darius Garland (ankle) active, playing off Cavaliers' bench Friday May 14th, 2021
- Cleveland's Kevin Love (injury management) ruled out on Friday May 14th, 2021