Davis Bertans reportedly not joining Wizards for restart
Washington Wizards small forward Davis Bertans will not play when the NBA restarts the season in Orlando on July 30, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Bertans was having his most productive year before the season was suspended and is expected to be one of the more highly sought-after unrestricted free agents this summer. He's also had two previous ACL injuries and the Wizards are tied for having the worst odds to win the championship at FanDuel Sportsbook, so it makes sense for Bertans to prioritize his health. Look for Rui Hachimura to benefit the most from Bertans' decision. Hachimura logged a season-high 46.1 minutes and scored 12 points with 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 3-pointer in the one game he played without Bertans this season. Bertans is currently top-10 in the NBA in made triples (200) and 3-point percentage (.424) for the 2019-20 campaign.
Bertans was averaging 26.2 FanDuel points per game this season. His career-high 19.0 percent usage rate is second-most among Wizards players with at least 1,000 minutes played this season. Hachimura's usage rate rises from 15.1 percent when Bertans is on the court to 20.7 percent when Bertans is off. He averages 3.5 field goal attempts and 0.4 3-point attempts when sharing the floor with Bertans, compared to 7.8 field goal attempts and 1.4 deep ones without Bertans.
- JaVale McGee coming off Lakers' bench with Dwight Howard starting in Thursday's Game 4 lineup September 24th, 2020
- Lakers starting Dwight Howard in Thursday's Game 4 lineup against Nuggets, JaVale McGee to bench September 24th, 2020
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward (ankle) available for Game 3 against Miami on Saturday September 19th, 2020
- Celtics: "significant optimism" Gordon Hayward (ankle) will be active for Game 3 on Saturday September 19th, 2020
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (back) available for Friday's Game 1 matchup against Nuggets September 18th, 2020
- Boston's Gordon Hayward (ankle) questionable for Saturday's Game 3 matchup against Heat September 18th, 2020
- Wizards' Rui Hachimura scratched Thursday for Johnathan Williams due to sore quad August 13th, 2020
- Ish Smith playing with Washington's second unit on Tuesday August 11th, 2020
- Washington's Jerome Robinson starting on Tuesday, Ish Smith to bench August 11th, 2020
- Wizards' Shabazz Napier (ankle) ruled out on Tuesday August 11th, 2020
- Wizards list Shabazz Napier (ankle) as questionable for Tuesday August 10th, 2020
- Shabazz Napier with Wizards' second unit Monday August 3rd, 2020