Wojnarowski: Portland signing Carmelo Anthony
The Portland Trail Blazers are signing small forward Carmelo Anthony to a contract, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Anthony last played with the Houston Rockets in 2018-19, though he played just 10 games. His most significant playing time as of late came in the 2017-18 campaign, when he was joined in Oklahoma City by Russell Westbrook and Paul George. Damian Lillard is running something of a one-man show for the Blazers, but it's unlikely Melo can return to his form of old.
In that '17-'18 season, Anthony averaged 16.2 points on 40.4 percent shooting with 5.8 rebounds across 32.1 minutes of action.
- Tyus Jones coming off Memphis' bench with Ja Morant (back) starting on Monday December 9th, 2019
- Grizzlies' Jae Crowder (illness) active on Monday December 9th, 2019
- Thunder's Darius Bazley starting for inactive Danilo Gallinari on Monday December 9th, 2019
- Phoenix's Aron Baynes (calf) available on Monday December 9th, 2019
- Aaron Holiday coming off Indiana's bench with Malcolm Brogdon starting on Monday December 9th, 2019
- Toronto's Fred VanVleet (knee) out on Monday December 9th, 2019
- Portland's Kent Bazemore starting for injured Rodney Hood on Sunday December 8th, 2019
- Portland's Gary Trent Jr. (hamstring) questionable on Friday December 5th, 2019
- C.J. McCollum scores 33 points, blocks 4 shots for Portland Wednesday December 5th, 2019
- Blazers' Gary Trent Jr. (hamstring) won't play on Tuesday December 3rd, 2019
- Carmelo Anthony posts double-double for Portland Friday November 30th, 2019
- Gary Trent Jr. (hamstring) ruled out for Portland on Friday November 29th, 2019