Report: Anthony Davis (shoulder, rib) ruled out for Lakers on Wednesday versus Warriors
Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Anthony Davis (shoulder and rib soreness) will not play on Wednesday versus the Golden State Warriors, reports Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.
It was previously reported that Davis was expected to sit, so this doesn't come as a surprise. He took a shot to the ribs in Tuesday's 123-115 win over the Phoenix Suns that required a brief trip to the locker room. X-rays came back negative after the game, but Davis has also been dealing with a shoulder issue, so the Lakers are going to hold the big man out on the second half of the back-to-back set. Kyle Kuzma will likely replace Davis in the starting lineup.
Davis is averaging 53.1 FanDuel points through 10 games. numberFire's models project him for 25.3 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.5 steals, 2.6 blocks, and 0.7 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Miami suspends Dion Waiters (violation of team rules) for six games December 12th, 2019
- Nuggets' Paul Millsap (foot) available to play on Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Nuggets' Jamal Murray (trunk contusion) available to play on Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Update: Pistons' Andre Drummond (eye) listed available to play Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Clippers' JaMychal Green (tailbone) questionable on Friday December 12th, 2019
- Mike Scott starting Thursday for 76ers in place of injured Al Horford December 12th, 2019
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (hamstring) listed questionable on Friday December 12th, 2019
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma (ankle) questionable on Friday December 12th, 2019
- Lebron James notches 25-point triple-double in Lakers' win December 11th, 2019
- Lakers' Jared Dudley ejected from Wednesday's game against the Magic December 11th, 2019
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope starting for Lakers again Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Kyle Kuzma (ankle) sidelined for Lakers on Wednesday December 11th, 2019