RJ Barrett bounces back for Knicks with 21 points, 9 assists
New York Knicks small forward RJ Barrett scored 21 points (8-of-16 field goals, 3-of-6 free throws) with 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 2 3-pointers, and 2 turnovers in 31.7 minutes of a 120-102 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday.
The assists set a new career-high for the 3rd overall pick and Barrett has now scored over 20 points in four games. He shot much better after going a combined 5-for-20 in the previous two games. This was the first time Barrett made at least half of his shot attempts since his NBA debut. Barrett is only shooting 41.0 percent from the floor through 11 games, but he's averaging 16.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 1.4 steals, and 1.3 treys. The Knicks will host the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday.
Barrett scored a season-best 45.7 FanDuel points on Tuesday. numberFire's models project him for 10.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 0.8 steals, and 1.2 triples per contest over the rest of the season.
- Miami suspends Dion Waiters (violation of team rules) for six games December 12th, 2019
- Nuggets' Paul Millsap (foot) available to play on Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Nuggets' Jamal Murray (trunk contusion) available to play on Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Update: Pistons' Andre Drummond (eye) listed available to play Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Clippers' JaMychal Green (tailbone) questionable on Friday December 12th, 2019
- Mike Scott starting Thursday for 76ers in place of injured Al Horford December 12th, 2019
- Dennis Smith (illness) ruled out for Knicks on Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Woj: Knicks reportedly fire David Fizdale on Friday December 6th, 2019
- Knicks' Damyean Dotson (finger) questionable to return Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Dennis Smith Jr. playing with Knicks' second unit Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Frank Ntilikina (back) starting for Knicks on Thursday; Dennis Smith Jr. to bench December 5th, 2019
- Kevin Knox to play with Knicks' second unit on Thursday December 5th, 2019