Zion Williamson (knee) expected to miss start of Pelicans' season
New Orleans Pelicans rookie small forward Zion Williamson is expected to miss a period of weeks to start the season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Woj adds that it's not a severe injury and that the Pelicans are erring on the extreme side of caution. Look for Williamson to return by mid-November. He averaged 23.3 points per game this preseason, becoming the first rookie to average over 20.0 points since NBA preseason statistics became available in 2005. Williamson is also the only player since 2005-06 to average 20-plus points per game in the preseason while shooting over 70.0 percent from the field.
numberFire's models currently project Zion for 18.3 points, 9.3 boards, 3.0 dimes, 1.7 swipes, 1.4 swats, and 0.8 treys per contest this season.
- Frank Kaminsky scores 16 with 9 rebounds, 2 triples in Suns loss November 13th, 2019
- Bulls' Coby White catches fire late in victory November 13th, 2019
- DeAndre Jordan has 15 points, 17 boards in Nets' loss November 13th, 2019
- Trae Young leads Hawks to victory in Denver with season-high 42 points November 13th, 2019
- Bogdan Bogdanovic sets new season-highs in Kings win November 13th, 2019
- Anthony Davis (ribs, shoulder) reportedly expected to sit Wednesday for Lakers November 13th, 2019
- Brandon Ingram (right knee) day-to-day for Pelicans November 12th, 2019
- New Orleans' Josh Hart starting for inactive Brandon Ingram (knee) on Monday November 11th, 2019
- Pelicans' Brandon Ingram (knee) ruled out on Monday November 11th, 2019
- Lonzo Ball (adductor) out again for Pelicans on Monday November 11th, 2019
- Derrick Favors starting for New Orleans on Saturday, Jahlil Okafor coming off the bench November 9th, 2019
- Jahlil Okafor coming off the bench for New Orleans on Saturday November 9th, 2019